- Title: Distribution of households with electricity for domestic use
- Description: Percentage of households that have electricity facility for domestic use. Data is expressed as per cent. Data is disaggregated by location. Domestic use of the electricity may be for lighting or cooking or for both. Electricity may be used legally or illegally and the electricity may be supplied to the household either through public agencies, corporations or by private suppliers. However, if the household makes its own arrangement, either through generator or solar panel, to generate electricity, the household will not be considered as having electricity for domestic use. Data is disaggregated by Social Groups and major religion communities.
- Released Under: National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)
- Published on Data Portal: 09/07/2015
Chief Data Officer
Name: Dr. Ashok A. Sonkusare
Joint Adviser (S&T)
Ministry/State/Department: NITI Aayog/Planning Commission
- +91 11 23096669
- a [dot] sonkusare [at] gov [dot] in
Yojana Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi - 110001
Distribution of households with electricity for domestic use by major religious communities, 2008-09
File Size: 1.98 KB
Source : “Indian Human Development Report, 2011 – Towards Social Inclusion” by Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Planning Commission, GoI. NA: Not Available.