- Title: Answers Data of Rajya Sabha Questions for Session 246
- Description: Get questions' Answers Data of Session 246 of Rajya Sabha provided by various ministries/departments.
- Released Under: National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)
- Published on Data Portal: 15/03/2019
Chief Data Officer
Name: Shri Shashi Bhushan
Ministry/State/Department: Rajya Sabha
- +91 1123035458
- shashi [dot] bhushan [at] sansad [dot] nic [dot] in
Room No. 142, Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi - 110001
Details of reduction in Non-Performing Asset (NPAs) due to write-offs (including compromise) of Public Sector Banks from 2015-16 to 2017-18 (From : Ministry of Finance)
File Size: 1.02 KB
Visual Access: NA
Source: RAJYA SABHA SESSION - 246 UNSTARRED QUESTION No 2295; Data Amount in crore Rs; *: Write-offs are done after full provisioning, and as per RBI's guidelines and policy approved by bank Boards, non-performing loans, including, inter-alia, those in respect of which full provisioning has been made on completion of four years, are removed from the balance-sheet of the bank concerned by way of write-off. Further, the process recovery of dues from the borrower in such loan accounts continues and, therefore, the write-off does not benefit the borrower; Source: RBI, Global Operations (March 18, provisional data); NA: Not Available.