- Title: Answers Data of Rajya Sabha Questions for Session 246
- Description: Get questions' Answers Data of Session 246 of Rajya Sabha provided by various ministries/departments.
- Released Under: National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)
- Published on Data Portal: 15/03/2019
Chief Data Officer
Name: Shri Shashi Bhushan
Ministry/State/Department: Rajya Sabha
- +91 1123035458
- shashi [dot] bhushan [at] sansad [dot] nic [dot] in
Room No. 142, Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi - 110001
Details of gross Non-Performing Asset (NPAs) of Public Sector Banks from 2016 to 2018 (From : Ministry of Finance)
File Size: 1.11 KB
Visual Access: NA
Source: RAJYA SABHA SESSION - 246 UNSTARRED QUESTION No 2295; Data Amount in crore Rs; *: Asset Quality Review (AQR) initiated in 2015 for clean and fully provisioned bank balance-sheets revealed high incidence of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs). As a result of AQR and subsequent transparent recognition by PSBs, stressed accounts were reclassified as NPAs and expected losses on stressed loans, not provided for earlier under flexibility given to restructured loans, were provided for. All such schemes for restructuring stressed loans were withdrawn. Primarily as a result of transparent recognition of stressed assets as NPAs, the gross NPAs of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) increased; Source: RBI, Global Operations (March 18, provisional data).